Custom made Wheelie bar wat you think ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I've spent most of my sunday swapping everything on my t maxx on to my new chassis coz my last one snapped . So thought id make a Wheelie bar in the process what do you think ?

Last edited:
Have to excuse the state of it just got back from testing it all out .

Is it low enough and far enough back to actually keep the thing from flipping over? Looks like its above the largest part of the diameter of the wheels, which makes me think it would have to go past the 90º for the wheelie bar to actually come into play. If that's the case, it seems pretty like its just going to keep going over.

Must be the picture its sits lower than wat it looks like and works really well . Never flipped over once .

to be truly trick wheely bar it needs to be on a pivot with a shock to take up the movment.

I'm sure this will suffice until it breaks then will buy a proper one . Just wanted something to stop it flipping .

the hobby is all about customizing your rig to what you want. I think that was a pretty good idea. bigger wheels on the wheelie bar it must work pretty good even off road the stock one gets hung up once in a while. I got bored and built a plow out of my wheelie bar for mine.

Haha a plow i like it . Yer was testing it on gravel aswell worked good on there too . Dont really like the look of the normal ones dont look in proportion to the rest of the truck . My rig is near enough 100% customized just need some new wheels and tyres .

Nice thats half the fun of the hobby to me is customizing and rebuilding. Yes playing is a big part but your truck has gotta be built for how you drive what you drive in and all that stuff thats how you have the most fun!!!! The plow didn't work to bad it woulda been better if I had rigged up a servo to raise and lower it but hey it was fun and actually worked. I used a little metal rod to hold it up and slip it out to drop it. I like the new tmaxx tires for the 3.3 version for the road and some dirt it grips really well for me. the tires you r running are good for dirt, sand, mud, there is always a better tire out there or a tire you like more. I have 6 different styles, cause each set makes my rigs look way different. ( I have 2 3.3 tmaxx's, classic tmaxx rebuilt with the 3.3,and an electric maxx. I tride an hpi product and was not happy with it at all it looks nicer then it runs.

Traxxas all the way . Yer you could of put a Servo behind the rear shock tower and made it go up and down. Parked it up alongside a john deer and took a picture lol . I quite like the look of them pin ones you no the ones with loads of little pins lol . Can i get bigger wheels than the one's I've got on ?

they do have a few pair that are a little bigger and then they have the Jumbo Kong tires which are huge I think a little to big from the picture but you never know.. rcplanet.com / rcboca.com / there are a bunch of companys out there.

i dont see a pic?
I don't either, but the thread is from March of 2011. I don't see the thread starter around, either.

to be truly trick wheely bar it needs to be on a pivot with a shock to take up the movment.

Here ya go, Moe. Good call.

Sav31.jpg

I don't either, but the thread is from March of 2011. I don't see the thread starter around, either.

Sav31.jpg

geesh id kill to have ur savage rolex!
id be like u and just let it sit around and look pretty

how much u think u got in that thing?

I've long since broken the 2 grand mark, and that's not counting the transmitter. How many hours I have in it I'll NEVER know.

Sav31.jpg

What's the "tank" looking thing, above the rear bumper?

Battery? I thought it was an automatic wax dispenser.:hehe::hehe:

Back