Custom fuel tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griemar

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm working on plans to make a custom fuel tank for my GT2. I want a larger capacity tank for when I'm out bashing around. Anyone have an idea of any plastic sheets that can be slightly heated as to allow me to mold it? Or better yet, a way to weld the seems so I dont have leaks? Thanks :)

poypropylene, polyethelene are the easiest to form. They can be welded with a concentrated stream of really hot air and a strip of the same material. Still not real easy IMO. I'd build a machined aluminum one myself. But not everyone can do that either.

Yeah I think that stuff would end up melting down on your ride.....I would look at tanks that are already made that you may be able to adapt to your needs.....but make one? I'm not saying you can't because I don't know what mad skilz you may have but i know I would probably never try it just because i know I would probably fail miserably. But I guess anything is worth a try....

That's a low melt point. You may also have a chemical resistance problem with it since you are planning on putting fuel in it.

Back