Custom 3D printer crawler chassis!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoke RC group

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all! I recently fell into somewhat of an addiction in RC Crawlers and scale trucks. I'm more of a junkie for scale things, so I don't really build high performance rigs. A few months ago I built my first 1/10 scaler (Redcat Gen 8) to good reliable trail spec, and I enjoyed it so much, I decided to build another truck. Here we have a crawler chassis I printed using the files on thingiverse.com. The rails are 2 piece each in order to fit most printer build surfaces.
received_2186858564782720.jpeg

I have printed all the parts for the chassis itself (transmission mount, cross braces, servo mount...) Now I just need to purchase the other parts like axles, links, transmission, driveshafts, electronics and body. I'd 3D print a body, but I'm not ready for that long tedious job yet.
received_4186951431319618.jpeg

I would like a 3d printer but I'm old school and only use aluminum for chassis. I have CNC.

Last edited:
I would like a 3d printer but I'm old school and only use aluminum for chassis. I have CNC.
I work mostly with primitive tools (vise grips and hammer). I just decided to try out 3D printing for myself. I do love doing metalwork as well, but I don't really have any access CNC machines to do that level of work. I'm more into brazing as it is.
20190921_173611.jpg

That is pretty darn cool man. I'm going to have to bookmark those 3D models so I can try it out whenever I get a 3D printer.

Those look great. I've watched TONS of videos on 3d printers and still dont understand how they work haha.

Back