Curious about new revo 5309

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckrevo33

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone,i was just wondering what other people thought of the new revo 5309. I have an old 5309 and i bought a brand new 5309 a couple months ago and still havent had the time to break it in. hopefully the weather will be decent this week and i can break it in. In the meantime i was wondering what big handling differences between the two are, and any other thoughts or comments. Thanks

The new version of the Revo is the 5308. The 5309 is the older one. It's confusing but that's how Traxxas did it.

the brand new version is a 5309 with the 2.4 radio system.i to think their system of id if confusing.lol
I think it goes 5309,5308,platinum,and the new 5309. i could be wrong though.

Last edited:
the brand new version is a 5309 with the 2.4 radio system.i to think their system of id if confusing.lol
I think it goes 5309,5308,platinum,and the new 5309. i could be wrong though.

nope. your 100% correct. but i have the new 5309 with the 2.4ghz and I absolutely LOVE it. but if you don't like or need the reverse you can save your money and get the 5308. IMO the new 5309 is better though. Thats just me talking though.

Reverse is just one more weak link.

idk why everyone hates on it so much! I have had mine for about 3 and a half months now and had NO problems with it yet. And I would say I bash pretty hard, I have only broken a front lower a-arm and put on the rpm's all around and now I don't break anything. The thing i ditched was the ez-start!

Enjoy your luck while it lasts! You wouldn't believe much smoother and quicker removing reverse makes a TRX vehicle.

Back