Cross Referencing Parts & Modds

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticks247rwe

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
As rc cars dissappear and discontinue, there's those of us who just can't let a rc they think is freaking awesome to be pushed to the side because a manufacture says do. ASSOCIATED NTC3 is one and HPI NITRO SUPER RS4 and the other 15 version of a car that look about the same.
I'm hoping that everyone will pertiipate.
If you know of a part that will work on a different car and that it requires lIL or no modifications to install, please pass the buck. I wonder about this at times. Anything to keep a rc alive or resurrect and Frankenstein that rc.

As rc cars dissappear and discontinue, there's those of us who just can't let a rc they think is freaking awesome to be pushed to the side because a manufacture says do. ASSOCIATED NTC3 is one and HPI NITRO SUPER RS4 and the other 15 version of a car that look about the same.
I'm hoping that everyone will pertiipate.
If you know of a part that will work on a different car and that it requires lIL or no modifications to install, please pass the buck. I wonder about this at times. Anything to keep a rc alive or resurrect and Frankenstein that rc.

I think that manufactures should still produce the most popular brand parts like the Hpi rs4 ,Ae with the Ntc3 ,ofna parts!
I run the Ofna Ld3's in which they use the metal gears in the diffs that last way longer an can handle b-block power!

There is millions of people that like those old cars !....:D

It doesn't have to be the brand ,there was plenty of after market manufactures that made parts as well ,
they should continue with the hop-up parts because there is a demand for them!...:p

I think that manufactures should still produce the most popular brand parts like the Hpi rs4 ,Ae with the Ntc3 ,ofna parts!
I run the Ofna Ld3's in which they use the metal gears in the diffs that last way longer an can handle b-block power!

There is millions of people that like those old cars !....:D

It doesn't have to be the brand ,there was plenty of after market manufactures that made parts as well ,
they should continue with the hop-up parts because there is a demand for them!...:p
I agree, brand is oem with a stamp most of the time. And when public scrambles for what they like manufactures should open there ears and then there wallets. Personally every car ever made was once a Frankenstein built by individual or a think tank or a engineering group. I hope everyone will share there parts used on there models to help everyone find the max amount of options and availability. Thanks

Hardcore doesn't make RC parts no more ,they went on to make custom parts for motorcycles ,so they
are rare to come by!

Whats scary is ,even Ebay is getting skimpy on parts ,a lot of the chop shops are cutting out!...:doh:

So any time I find a store ,I will post a link!..:D

Hard core
3 racing
Dynamite
Are a few

I can say this, don't buy silver shock towers for ntc3 on ebay. There half the material and twice the price.

Last edited:
I heard through the grapevine yesterday that Ripmax/HPI is finially starting to get their collective heads removed from their sphinxter muscles and are going to start releasing OEM parts again. heard it before a dozen times. only time will tell

Absolutely, time answers all questions. Can always count on that.

For the RC10GT...
There are a few such improvements on the stock to upgraded factory slipper clutch. (guessing this would also open the door to using metric type spurs and clutches) also there is a front end upgrade that allows for the use of hex style wheels. I don't have solid info on the converaion, or what is needed to make it all 100% but there is supposed to be a way to use the B4 style cva's, hubs, bearings and hexs as well.

The metric gears being smaller size ultimately provide a smoother ride. Absolutely, I can hear and feel difference between a few of my card. I like smoother ride, seems slower to start with top end being faster, as to all balls from start to end with larger tooth geats.

I certainly saw a much smoother sweep thru rpms when I changed in my 2 and 4wd electrics

Back