Crappy day!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well Its finally nice outside, so i went and bought some traxxas fuel, and my revo just runs liek crap now wont shift to second just all around horrible. i was using rich's brew 20% before and was working great. change fuel and now bam its like i just grab it out of the garbage. the engine hasnt been messed with, the actual screw in the transmission has been messed with also i have to take spur gear off to change to a new one cause my engine screw came loose and engine moved. does me tighten the nut on the slipper clutch adjust my shift point? anyone know factory turns out on transmission screw?

Don't know about the trans adjustment why don't you print out the manual.Take that traxxs fuel use it to kill weeds thats all its good for buy some good stuff odonell is very good.:D

couldnt of made a bigger mistake with the traxxas fuel.

If it was running like crap, and not shifting....Sounds like it is too rich.
Switching fuels is not going to solve the tune on your engine.

Well yes, all my local hobby store carries now is traxxas, powermaster, i reset the carb to factory settings 4 turns out on high speed needle then 1.75 turns out on low speed. and still nothing, so i was messing with it today and same crap happening wont shift, i let it sit for about 15 seconds then hit the gas and it will then shift, only for the next two full passes. so i figured maybe the low speed was to lean and richen it a little and a little. Still nothing, i took the transmission apart today and cleaned inside the case and all the gears are fine, when i hold the 2 speed gear in my hand and turn it, it will enagage and the pin pops out, but maybe just need a new tranny or two speed gear

Sounds to me that it's your tune still.

The factory settings are break-in settings, which are always really rich. You need to lean out the HSN some until you get clean revs out of it. Until you get the tune right, all the futzing with the trans is pointless.

alright ill try and mess with it today appreciate it, i figured at factory it would at least shift,

it should shift at factory settings adjust your slipper clutch tighen it some and u should get it to shift

The factory settings are for the beginning of the break in ONLY. At that stage you're not supposed to go to second gear at all.
As it starts to break in, you start to lean the settings and drive a little faster.
When it's broken in, if you followed the manufacturers instructions, it will shift with no problem.

Agree with Rolex! My 3.3 would not shift into 2nd until I started leaning it out, the factory settings are to rich to let the RPM's get high enough to engage 2nd gear. Also I have been using 20% Torco fuel for about 4 months and it seems to be working pretty good!

well i think i figured my problem out, i lowered my revo and thats when it stopped shifting, so i put it back at the original ride height and now its shifting, so maybe it was just dragging or something idk but waiting for weather to clear up to go drive it some more