Couple of noobie questions here....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonv

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Will a .15 piston/sleeve work in a 2.5? I noticed that the .15 sleeve fits right in the 2.5, so I was wondering if anyone has given it a shot.

And the 1st gears in my 2.5 t-maxx is not engaging soon enough at start up with low RPMs. I have to rev it to get it going and it looks like some one that is driving a stick shift for the first time. How do I adjust that?

Thanks

ehhh get rid of that .15,,,,,,, it's way out of date. the sleeve might work, but the sleeve is $50 and a brand new 2.5r is $80 on the trade in. u do the math

Plus i think your talking about shuddering??
The problem isn't that 1st gear isn't engaging, it's more of a slipper clutch and reverse issue. Start by adjusting your slipper clutch. If that doesn't work and you really want to fix it then get a FOC. (forward only conversion) This should fix the shuddering. Shuddering doesn't hurt anything, almost all t-maxx trucks do it.

ehhh get rid of that .15,,,,,,, it's way out of date. the sleeve might work, but the sleeve is $50 and a brand new 2.5r is $80 on the trade in. u do the math

Plus i think your talking about shuddering??
The problem isn't that 1st gear isn't engaging, it's more of a slipper clutch and reverse issue. Start by adjusting your slipper clutch. If that doesn't work and you really want to fix it then get a FOC. (forward only conversion) This should fix the shuddering. Shuddering doesn't hurt anything, almost all t-maxx trucks do it.

Actually it's the internal clutch on the transmission. A good tune will eliminate most of the stuttering sarts.

For me math is simple, I open the wallet and see $50 not $80 and I want to run!:D