Could someone Explain

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KbigO69

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The whole throttle brake linkage and stuff like that. I'm still kinda dumb with the whole servo thing so if someone has time and dont mind could ya explain to me how this whole thing works and which parts are which. Are there ways to adjust these things to improve your rc? thanks

First of all, it's nice to know what your running. Second, a picture from your "Ride" would aid explanation as it would relate directly. pop up a photo, ill try and help.

Yes, there are ways to adjust, too many.

The radio system should be adjustable with the trim knobs, or if you have a computer radio system then in the menus. If the trim isn't enough then you could adjust it by adjusting the servo horn and the linkages.

well i wasn't trying to be specific on things I'm just talking about a overall defintion of parts and stuff for a normal servo.

servo, horn, linkage (various types) idler arm (if equipped) throttle (slide or barrel), throttle return spring (if equipped) and then the brake linkage. some servos use single horn, (throttle and brake connected on same side of servo center) or dual which has brake connected typically opposite or 90deg to throttle horn. I have seen a lot of the same parts called many things so if I expect someone will correct something here, don't sweat it. I don't

Set up. Start with throttle linkage with xmtr trim centered and air filter off. Adjust linkage so that when throttle on xmtr is wide open, the throttle is wide open and not trying to push past full open. when released servo should return to center with slight play before engaging throttle linkage again and throttle should be seated on idle set. you then adjust your brake to your throttle setting so you have no drag while neutral but full brake potential when applied. That is just one technique, if it's not what you were looking for, let us know.