convert to brushless questions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacklalanne

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Tired of trouble shooting
my 4.6 engine want to convert to brushless. Sell truck and get money torwards flux? Or brushless kit?

why not since your hear run through a list of issues your having with it?
detailed info will help tremendousely
and a wee bit of faith/trust

Break in went great ran throught my first gallon. I had it full throttle when i died suddenly temp was abot 250 F but didn't think it was an issue. Until i tried starting it back up with my nitro starter. It then wouldn't keep a steady idle and would bog .
I still had it under warranty i sent it in they said cylinder was wore. So they replaced it with new piston cylinder and piston arm. I get it back after a couple weeks. Have to re break it in. Same issue . I think it might be carb or cooling head gasket. Not sure have a faulty glow starter so i had my freind look at it. He stated he thinks thats what it is. I dont cause i set carb to factory specs and it wont start. It's winter now 32 below outside. So idk.

One gallon of fuel is way too soon for a cylinder to be worn out. Most engines are just beginning to reach their prime after a gallon or more.
Premature cylinder wear could be caused by improper break in technique, debris in the engine either through dirty fuel or no air filter, or
a faulty bearing or con rod cutting loose in the crankcase.
If I were you, I'd wait until ambient temps warm up before attempting break in again.

I dont think it was the break in cause i still had the same problem when hpi replaced the piston and cylinder it brand new. Still wont fire up. Almost like its not getting spark or fuel. I ordered a new glow starter cause mine is faulty and i keep carb at stock settings so when it comes in ill let u know. In the meantime i think i wanna a brushless cause i can have insane power at the pull of the trigger.

Possible causes, improper break in, improper tune, wrong fuel type, dirt getting around filter foam or a torn filter neck.
Since your on engine-P/S #2 and you have the exact same issue as #1 the problem is either with the parts on the truck(air filter/neck) fuel type or tune.

I would give the air filter and the rubber a really close look over.
Did you use anything to secure the filter neck to the carb?

Are you using car/truck fuel and who makes it and what nitro content?

How are your tuning skills, did you tune both the HSN & LSN?

It has to be something simple, two P/S's just don't get trashed in under a gallon each without a reason, be it a truck parts problem or operator error.

I run traxxas 25% fuel. I used some zip ties the same size as the original one that was on before. Air filter is clean and oiled. I got a new glow starter today so I'm hoping that could have been on of my issues and a new plug. The copper ring was gnarled from i dont know how many times I've taken it off and on. Bought a fuel filter. Couldn't hurt right? I have fuel in the tank thats over 4 months old so replace that and set carb back to factory specs. Tomorrow ill try starting it.

Back