Considering selling a rig or two to fund a new build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABabyEater

RCTalk Racer
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Well, I've got the itch again. I am going to push for a new build. Unfortunately, after an extended invountary time off, spending cash is a little slim, and of course, the holidays take priority. Besides, the better (smarter) half would be livid if I started bringing in a pile of parts with some holiday shopping on hold due to my work absence. So, I am considering a trade-up, maybe a trade-out - selling a car or two to fund a new build, or rather, the roller kit. Electronics can come in gradually after.

With winter coming in, I am likely not going to get many local bites, but should I decide to sell something, locals get first dibs. Anyways... on to the real question - if I were to sell something, what would it be? After running through the list, the only rigs that don't have a specific role in my collection are a mini summit, UDR, or a Losi 8-ight T and a bunch of fuel. The Summit and UDR aren't in the greatest shape, with the summit having some interesting cosmetic choices from the previous owner, and the UDR being a bit dirty, but the 8ight-T is in fantastic shape, having been broken-in but not otherwise run.

What are all your opinions on selling rigs? I know I will likely not get anywhere near what I have into them, but it'll definitely help balance financial responsibilites.

For what it is worth, I am looking at picking up a Vanquish Phoenix kit, right at $500, and the remaining components where spare cash comes about here and there.

Not sure what you should sell, I never sell anything...when I do sell rc, I sell rollers or sliders on eBay. Much easier to ship without tires and you’re most likely selling to someone who is not going to rip you off or complain to eBay that the rig is not new...Local is good if you have a local community that has some rc guys with money. Mostly you’ll be waiting around, wasting your Saturday morning for some 13yr old to show up...
The classifieds on this forum are good but the Arrma forum gets lots more traffic and guys sell non Arrma rigs on there all the time.
Good luck.

Hold onto the 8ight-T, you can use it for racing.

Well, after a fair amount of consideration, and input from the forum here, I decided to sell the UDR. Keeping the 8ight-T to race, even casually seems like the best idea, as we have a new club almost ready to break ground on a track (we haven't had a local club track for years). Additionally, looking at the Mini Summit and the 8ight-T, I likely wouldn't be able to get as much as I would like for them, but there a quite a few Traxxas fans around locally that would be happy to snag a UDR for 50% off.

I already have high interest on the local Facebook groups and am meeting for a prospective sale tomorrow after work.

Silicon spray can make plastics and tires look much nicer. I've used a couple different things and the PB blaster silicone spray has done well so far. Could help selling. I give the trucks a light spray and let them sit for an hour or two. Wipe off any excess.

Silicon spray can make plastics and tires look much nicer. I've used a couple different things and the PB blaster silicone spray has done well so far. Could help selling. I give the trucks a light spray and let them sit for an hour or two. Wipe off any excess.
Moo-Slick from CowRC works well for that also

Back