Connector Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reptile

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello, I just ordered this balancer however the plugs going to the charger itself are 4mm gold banana plugs. On my superbrain 989 the charging connector is a tamiya male. What kind of adapter do I need? I looked online real quick but I didnt see the coupler I need. I dont want to cut off the connectors because it will probably void the warrenty on the balancer. Thanks
HP-EOSLBA10-L.jpg

EDIT: If I just soldered directly to the banana and covered it with heat shrink tubing that should work fine right?

Last edited:
Check your charger again. The leads with the Tamiya connector are hard wired to "A" and you should have two sockets for banana plugs next to that for input "B".

EDIT:

I just looked it up. Sorry, seems like they've changed the Super Brain. I have the 977. One site suggested these adapters:

detail2.jpg

You'll need to go to Radio Shack and ask for 2 inline female Banana plugs, one black, one red and connect them to the Tamiya plug.

Last edited:
Rolex is on the right track. Go to the Ratshack or LHS and pick up a female Tamiya lead. Solder on a couple 4mm female connectors, then connect to the balancer. Shrink wrap them completely and then you'll be good to go.