computer to tv sound

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaFan

ROLL TIDE!!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I plugged my computer to my tv through the hdmi but I can't get the sound to come through the tv? I've went through all the tv settings. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this working.

First would to be go to, Control Panel > Sound > and in the Playback tab and set HDMI as default. You have may several "HDMI" devices listed so try each one until it works.

If none of that works check the volume settings on the computer too. Also make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

Once you do get it working, max the volume on the computer and use the tv volume. If you try and adjust volume with computer, it will end up fading in and out at lower volumes. Took me forever to figure that one out.

Is it straight to the tv or do you have an additional sound bar? Are you getting picture from the computer but no sound?

Yes Rolex picture but no sound. No it's plugged straight from tv HDMI to the computer. I still can't get it to work.

If you're getting the picture, then the TV knows what HDMI it's coming through and the sound should be there with it. Disconnect from the computer and make sure you hear the sound. Then you'll know it's not on the computer end. You might have to turn the TV volume way up to get audio, but try that too, after you reconnect.

Back