compression

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_freak_123

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys just wanted to know how can i check the compression in my ssk ??

all i no is wen the piston hits tdc i hear a kinda pop is this normal if i had to describe it would be like a finger in the mouth pop u no what i mean ?

thanks for any input

thanks monkey

ok, about the pop is there something wrong with my engine if i hear that wen it come to tdc

thank nf

do i have to replace pistona nd sleeve it has had about gallon a dn a litre just a rough guess

theres loads of power there it runs fine aswell

wat do u guys think how much would i be expecting to pay for a new piston and sleeve for a pro-15bxs pullstart engine ???????????????????

Shouldn't be having a problem with it.
I've almost went a gallon before my dumbass got em tuned right. Should last 6-8 gallons? Run it till ya think there is a loss of power or ya want something faster. In other words......

Drive it like ya stole it! :)

digger said:
Shouldn't be having a problem with it.
I've almost went a gallon before my dumbass got em tuned right. Should last 6-8 gallons? Run it till ya think there is a loss of power or ya want something faster. In other words......

thanks digger !!!!!

[

that pop is a good sound...it's the piston pushing air in the sleeve and then sort of having it push back down from the COMPRESSION.......like a low thump sound.....if it sounds like a whining air sort of thing then you have a pin hole somewhere....usually in the GP....

One thing I find is that people confuse compression with pinch. New engines do have alot of compression, but they also have alot of pinch. When engines are fairly easy to turn over by hand people tend to say they are shot, which in most cases is not the truth. I just got a tm and it doesn't have much pinch, but I still get a good pop out of it, I'll prob send it out to get pinched just so I can use it for the whole summer, but if I had got it with a month left to go in the season I wouldn't have it pinched I would still run it. I haven't had a chance to really put it through its paces, but I ran it for about half a tank and it has a strong idle and insane power.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this....if you find your engine is running great and isn't flaming out then your all set. When you find that your in the middle of your tank and the engine flames out and takes a long time to restart, and it happens often chances are your mill is on its last legs.

Back