compression issuse?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright, yesterday I took the truck to a friends house. And it just started acting weird, i was running earlier that day and all was fine and dandy. Then get to the friends, go to start it, and the thing is a B---- to start, It pulls realllly realllly reallly easy, and it just seems like bad compression, So my question, what did I break?

bad compression. did you let it cool at TDC

I dont understand what TDC is.

Also would a TRX 3.3 drop right into my firestorm? or whatd be needed, I'm not sure if the Fs's card is rotary or slide, but i think slide...

thats where your issues may be. TDC is top dead center. in simple meanings its where the piston is the top of its stroke. your supposed to cool your motors at Bottom Dead center BDC. its the exact opposite of TDC. since your sleeve is tapered, if you let the motor cool at TDC then you lose that taper. therefore losing compression. i do not know if a 3.3 drops into a firestorm but if it does buy it.I have a 3.3 in my T maxx and its nearly immpossible to keep the front wheels on the ground

Thanks alot man.
And yeah, I'm gonna buy a trx 3.3 if someone can chime in a tell me if its a direct fit.

hey just make sure its not that your glow ignitor is bad. pull the motor and turn the flywheel over by hand and see how hard it is to turn over. thats a really good indicator of bad compression

I can turn the flywheel about 1inch one way, then turn it about 1/2 inch the other and i can hear the piston stroke when it turns one way.

you can turn the flywheel both ways? also you can't fully turn over the flywheel

i can turn it like a total of maybe 2 inchs, It goes one way then stops and i can't push it farther, It goes the other and does the same. No i cannot fully turn it.

your one way bearing is shot. but i know its most likely not compression if you can't turn it all the way over. your gonna have to wait for someone with more knowledge this is outta my league now.

k thanks alot for the quick hlep. I just tryed to drop the motor, I hit it with some liquid wrech on the motor mount bolts but i can't seem to get the bolts loose, they just strip. Ill have to take it to a hobby shop or something to drop it.

yea if your lhs is nice (like mine) they should check the stuff for little to no cost.

yea if your lhs is nice (like mine) they should check the stuff for little to no cost.

I'm close buds with my LHS owner.

He fixed my Fs's clutch right away when i took it in, and he had 4 other peoples cars there waiting.

yeah my lhs' tech tuned my T maxx and let take out and replace my mill in store

I don't think the engine mount holes will line up. Buy a good engine like an O.S. 18.
3.3's are finicky and do not last.