cold air intake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster maxx

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just letting everyone know i ran my air intake to the outside on my Traxxas Tmaxx and it made a big difference this can be done on any car/truck I also ran one on my Jato

Just letting everyone know i ran my air intake to the outside on my Traxxas Tmaxx and it made a big difference this can be done on any car/truck I also ran one on my Jato

ok so how did you do it without the filter getting knocked off when you roll or flipe or cartwheel or covered in whatever.an getting pluged

You can run a cold air intake without extending anything off the carb, simply find the right angle with your filter, and cut a hole in the body facing forward, lol..

I would prefer to keep my parts in my rig for like Ballen said, keeping it clean and intact.

Besides, its like 15* F outside right now so I think I wont be needing a cold air.

Got 1 pokin out the hood of my MGT. I can't say I've noticed any performance gains but i do get the wow factor as it looks like a 1:1 intake comin from the hood

I would not like one just popping out somewhere on my body, but it you could incorporate a hood scoop or a vent on the body and rig it up to get max flow through it, that would be cool.

Like the hood scoops on the subaru wrx is a rubber gasket that seals around the intercooler getting 100% air flow to the turbo.

Good driving I guess shocks are low I have tried to roll it it is almost impossible unless a bad land.

almost impossible to roll a tmax ? I don't think so i have had a few and a max is easy to flip unless you run flate ground then no reason for a truck

Last edited:
^^Haha yeah the MAXXs are way tall lol from factory, you could blow one over with your breathe

thats why mine was widend and sits nice and low for a max .it is wider then my revo was. and it does still flip ..guess i'm just not good at driveing it ...only had it since befor the 2.5 came out.LOL

I think the big trucks are easier to drive, seems like you get more reaction time to steering errors such as oversteer or too much steer on the road allowing you to counter and bring it back down lol. I would still love a TMAXX for sure sometime in the future

Ya , I think i am going to put together my 3.3 an put it in my .15 max then i will get one of the cheap flysky 2.4 ghz tx/rx $20 not to expencive if it is junk but i've been hearing they work very well. i used to have the 3.3 in there but it just wanted to do wheelies you really have to get used to the responces you get from pullin the triger. kinda like shooting a gun squez the triger not pull.lol

Last edited:
Back