cold air intake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchampion99

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i am new to the nitro rc world but i seen a cold air intake system for sale on ebay and was wondering if anybody has tryed to make one. they said it ws for a t maxx . sorry if i put this in the wrong section. thanks for any input.

Last edited:
I've never even heard of cold air intake for nitro vehicles but really they are already cold air intake. But if you mean to move the air filter to where it will get more air and cooler air i guess it could be done but then you expose it to dirt and all that good stuff and the air has to travel much further to the engine from the filter. if you mean k&n dont waste your time or money and ruin a motor. if you want a good filter get you a motor saver off this site
http://motorsaver.com/

Absolutely NOT with a K&N filter. Here's the one I made for my Bling Thing Savvy.

sav9.jpg

thats what it looked liked but had a k&n on it. is it worth it to build one. i figuered it would help the motor run a little bit better because it wouldnt be getting the hot air of the motor.

thats what it looked liked but had a k&n on it. is it worth it to build one. i figuered it would help the motor run a little bit better because it wouldnt be getting the hot air of the motor.

Realistically when the rc is moving forward any engine heat is behind the airfilter,

transmited from a mobile communications device

yeah thats what i was thinking to plus it will not get as much dirt from the front tires. i think i am gonna build one for it.

Cold air intake looks cool but serves no real purpose or performance gains on a nitro Rc.
Best to keep it simple.

yeah i didnt figure it would serve any purpose for performance wise

Back