Cold air intake benefits.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What would be the benefits, if any, of having a cold air intake or some sort of air scoop fabricated into the body to catch cooler air and direct it towards the air cleaner ? I know that one more hole means one more way of water, etc. entering inside, but I'm not talking about much of a hole. I'm looking at my buggy body and I would place the scoop where the right rear window is. Or maybe drill a bunch of smaller 1/8" diameter holes in the body and place a scoop over it allowing minimal environmental stuff in but more cooler air almost directly into the air cleaner. Let me know what you think or if you have tried this before.

If it worked it would run the engine leaner because of the increase in air in the cylinder especially at speed. So you'd probably want to richen it up a bit.

If you feel the need to get more ventilation don't be afraid to drill groups of small holes in your body. Be careful not to destroy the integrity of the body.

A scoop probably isn't needed. I would be concerned that it would fall of during impact. Ill assure you that if they helped in the slightest bit the pros would be using them. To this date I can't remember seeing an air-scoop on a national winners body.

Thanks Fast, you're right. If it was beneficial at all, the pros would be doing it.

Well it's like why would you put a cold air intake on a real truck, help keeps the engine cooler, and gets the intake away from the heat of the engine. I fabricated my own out of clear tubing, thick wiring, and some screws. Runs better, and looks better

Back