clutch bell

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipskatter6

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
while running the hell out of my savage i put it away for the day. when rolling it backwards it was engaging the piston? then it un sticks and is free spining(not running) any ideas i guess a clutch sho is going bad or a spring?

Could be a clutch spring. I had one go on my savage. The spring had split and caused the shoe to engage all the time. Take your engine out and check the shoes. Easy job and cheap fix. Also check that your engine hasn't moved and caused the clutch bell to be bent over. When you put it back in make sure your set the mesh right.

ok yah I'm pretty sure its just a spring but if i have it apart might just uppgrade thats my moto if it breaks then upgrade lol

just ordered intengey aluminum shoes and springs along with bolt kit and braided fuel line coming saturday sunday or monday then when the next part goes.....upgrade that part

---------- Post added at 9:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:10 PM ----------

it was worn out clutch shoes that started to wear out and build up deposites so it started to catch...

Back