close-wide ratio gears??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rckid91

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have a 2.5r which has the standard ratios in it.

which is the best set uyp for a fairly short track??

i would go with the 40T spur. its cheaper but if you want to go all out with accel you can get the close ration gears

well the track we play on is short and i think bobs goal is to get his revo into 2nd gear quicker

I use 15/38 on my 3.3 with close ratio gears. I have the tranny set to shift about 1 second after I nail the throttle. First gear is just for gettimg the truck rolling to me. I still have not wound the engine all the way out on our backstretch despite the awesome acceleration. I have lightened my truck a bit as well.

I use 15/38 on my 3.3 with close ratio gears. I have the tranny set to shift about 1 second after I nail the throttle. First gear is just for gettimg the truck rolling to me. I still have not wound the engine all the way out on our backstretch despite the awesome acceleration. I have lightened my truck a bit as well.

i didnt even think about that scrogg, interesting concept. i might have to give that a try.

you need to adjust the shift point is all

what exactly do the close/wide ratio gears do??

i turned the shift point back about a 1/4 turn am going to try that out later and see where it shifts!

When adjusting the shift point, be careful to not back the screw out too far. Backing it all the way will mean going all the way thru the transmission.

Back