Clear windows

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winggs

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Ok I have a traxxas Defender and unfortunately it had the black windows. I decided to remove the paint on the front windshield and managed to clean and polish it so that it looks ok. I then decided cut out the driver and passenger side windows. I cut some clear plastic and tried to silicone the windows in place. Well that did nor work after only a few days the silicone pealed and I am now left with open windows.
Can someone help me with some glue or some other way in attaching the windows to the inside of the body.
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 85
Ok I have a traxxas Defender and unfortunately it had the black windows. I decided to remove the paint on the front windshield and managed to clean and polish it so that it looks ok. I then decided cut out the driver and passenger side windows. I cut some clear plastic and tried to silicone the windows in place. Well that did nor work after only a few days the silicone pealed and I am now left with open windows.
Can someone help me with some glue or some other way in attaching the windows to the inside of the body.
Thank you for your help.

Try the same glue that is used for fake fingernails. Also, if your lexan is a little foggy looking, due to not being smooth, run a heat gun over it, but be carefull not to melt it. This is a good trick to fix scuff marks in plastic and to make faded plastic shiny again.

silaprene. If you can find it..fake nails glue is ca glue(super glue)...the silaprene is used to hold down and seal roof patches on semi trailers...I used it to hold esc down in the brushed days in late 90"s and still use it today for mounting servos...a simple lighter heated bent putty knife remove it.....

silaprene. If you can find it..fake nails glue is ca glue(super glue)...the silaprene is used to hold down and seal roof patches on semi trailers...I used it to hold esc down in the brushed days in late 90"s and still use it today for mounting servos...a simple lighter heated bent putty knife remove it.....

Not the CA stuff. There's this other stuff that the salons use. I had a girlfriend that introduced me to it. Worked like a champ. Superglue don't work very good on plastic. you can also use the stuff they use for Polyurethane bumpers. I can't remember the name of it, but it's black in color and it's a two part. You have to mike it. I used that stuff back when I was building show cars.

Thank you for your help I will see what I can find.

Yup. Shoe goo. Hands down the absolute best glue for lexan bodies
Just thought I'd add that in case no one else mentioned it. :cool:
Thank you just picked some up today.