Cleaning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trstern

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just looking for some cleaning techniques on the best way to clean an rc car. Is hosing it off with the body removed ok as long as the air filter is kept dry??

and ur electronics are removed. and make sure u dont hose off your air filter and get water in the carb. i prefer to spray it with degreaser and then use a squirt bottle to get everything off. at least then i know where the water is going.

I just pull everything and clean but i have alot of times on my hands.

Nitro and q-tips, there are many, MANY techniques covered on this same question if you use the search feature...

I've been using CowRC cleaner and degreaser, it's even safe for electronics. Spay it on and use an air compressor to blow it off, then use a rag or towel to clean up the rest. Does a pretty good job.

wait you have to clean these things?nobody told me that,lol

You only clean them if you use them :hehe: or if the rig in front of you is spraying dirt all over

i use q-tips and nitro fuel and compressed air

Depending on how long its been I would look at complete disassembly and a cleaning with a non agressive soap - Simple Green has always worked for me. A complete disassembly will allow you to inspect everything in case you need to replace or rebuild some broken or almost broken parts. I typically give a cleaning like this about every 1/2 gallon depending on the driving conditions. Otherwise a quick blowoff with an airhose until I get to that point of a complete cleaning

wd40 and the kitchen sink. electronics are surprisingly resistant to moisture as long as ther is no power to them. Its simple really, unplug your batt, wash and let thoroughly dry before plugging in. Alot of people will chime in to tell me how wrong this is, i know. But I've been doin it for years.

I use a MED Brissel paint brush I picked up @ a local craft shop used to paint ornaments. It does a good job getting into tight places on my MAXX I also use air to aid in cleaning I have nitro car wash but have yet to use it LOL. UMM I know alot of R/C'ers use WD-40 & not against it but I perfur to use Nitro cleaner for everything on my Rig's

I put my tmaxx in the shower and and rince it off then I take it to thr garage and use air to dry it works very well

No, my throttle servo is water proof and my steering servo is water resistant so I'm ok forth little water that I get on the servos, one neat trick I found is after I clean my rig I spray it with a good amount of silicone spray that helps keep the dirt from sticking it makes it all shiny and it provides a small amount of water repellent not to mention it lubricates all the moving parts and it dry dry unlike wd40 that stays oily

Back