Cleaning tips Anyone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-maxxlover14

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so today i took my t-maxx 3.3 mudding and would like to know any way of cleaning it with out taking it apart or spending 3 hours to clean it. so is their a fast and easy way of cleaning it with out doing damage?

denatured acohol and q tips are your friend! i usually spray the areas that are hard to clean with wd-40 so the stuff wipes right off. i took my tmaxx muddin too and one of the bearings in my wheels makes a horrible noise! so be careful!

I covered my entire tmaxx with mud, servos and everything, then took it in snow a couple times the next week all without waterproofing. Nothing has gone wrong yet =]. Was looking for a way of cleaning the mud too, thanks.

no problem. i didnt have a problem with mine either until the next couple times i ran it. then i had to replace the rx becuz it had gotten wet and would hang wide open and take off! but i would waterproof all your electronics before playing in water/snow/mud.

I use a leaf blower after I wash every thing down. With a lil bit of soap and water then after its dry WD 40 the whole thing and wipe it down with a towel toget the rest.

i hit my maxx with the garden hose while the muds still wet to get the major crud off. spray it down with window cleaner and dry it off with my air compressor.

your local hobby shop should have a cleaner in an airasol can just for rc trucks/cars. all you do is tip it on its side and spray it down, all of the mudd will run off. after words give it a good wipe down and use some air in a can to make shure you get all moisture out. The best way is to just pull the engine and gas tank out to get under everything. it shouldnt take 3 hrs.

~Ben

Back