cleaning the engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevelle

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well it happened:\ my friend left nitro fuel in his truck for about a week and now it wont start:whhooo: how do you clean out the engine and with what?

WD-40
dfh jkgfujk ghjk tuyi p;,my8lt7yuhbjhsdtrg dras

does a week really matter?

carb cleaner. but don't let it touch the carb. squirt some in there spin er over. prime and try and start it

Sometimes one of my trucks sits for 2 weeks without movement and with some left over fuel in it(my basher,Savage 25)...ya i know its not good but eh. Re-Charge the battery re-top the tank(with some left over fuel in it). Prime it, then try to start that monster. THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT AN ENGINE i know. Thats not how i treat my Semi-Bling Savage X believe me!!

Should burn-up what was left in the tank. re-try to start it till the fuel line are empty, then use after run oil in the carb and down the glow-plug hole, crank it some more to make sure everything inside is lubricated.

wd40 or after run oil into a carb and glow plug hole and few free spins,slowly pull a pull start or spin a fly wheel. (take off the glow plug)
after that,pre heat the engine to it's normal running temperature and add some fresh fuel and start it.
I would also recommend compressed air to clean the engine outside and to blow out some dirt from inside.
while cleaning engine it would be good idea to check the screws and maybe a clutch,I also find nice to fit a nice gasket and glow plug when I clean my engines.

Last edited:
sorry you do not know what wd-40 is apparently wd-40 is to short an answer for this list hence the extra letters
but you could write some more,such where to spray it or how much to spray...
don't just say wd40 popofskpokjf
cause that isn't helpful.

but you could write some more,such where to spray it or how much to spray...
don't just say wd40 popofskpokjf
cause that isn't helpful.

:goodpost:

but yes wd40 should help clean out the engine

u could also try putting some fresh fuel in the carb and turn it over... should be enough to burn out the old fuel thats in there
although a week shouldn't matter

:goodpost:

but yes wd40 should help clean out the engine

u could also try putting some fresh fuel in the carb and turn it over... should be enough to burn out the old fuel thats in there
although a week shouldn't matter

After run it's better for that because it oils the engine and it protects it from corrosion.

After run it's better for that because it oils the engine and it protects it from corrosion.

i agree with u and personally i use after run oil but incase he don't have any wd40 will do the trick

Thanks all, and yes the week mattered. I pulled the fuel line off and the gas was like jelly coming out:\

What brand of fuel?
The proper way to fix your problem is to completely disassemble the engine. Soak all the metal parts in Denatured alcohol overnight, and scrub everything you can off with a toothbrush and rags..
My 1st Revo was given to me by my little brother who lost interest in the truck after 3 tanks. It sat in the Garage in the Florida sun fulll of fuel for a year before I got my hands on it.
A good cleaning with the D.A. and it fired up first pull.

Last edited:
I leave fuel in my bashers wayover 2 weeks and I've never had a problem !!!!!!!

What brand of fuel?
The proper way to fix your problem is to completely disassemble the engine. Soak all the metal parts in Denatured alcohol overnight, and scrub everything you can off with a toothbrush and rags..
My 1st Revo was given to me by my little brother who lost interest in the truck after 3 tanks. It sat in the Garage in the Florida sun fulll of fuel for a year before I got my hands on it.
A good cleaning with the D.A. and it fired up first pull.

cmon,it was only one week,after run oil and few free spins should do,if he is asking how to clean a engine then don't expect him to take it apart as this could lead to more trouble when putting it back together.

your right i am a noob. wouldn't attempt a break down of the engine yet:D anyway all was good advice and he got it running again thanks!

Back