Cleaning nitro fuel lines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After getting a secondhand nitro, the fuel lines were pretty nasty inside.

So I made a plan.

I took a syringe and sucked up some biodegradable degreaser.

Then connected the fuel line to the syringe and squeezed the degreaser into the line until the fuel line was full of it.
I then let it stand upright for a hour or so to let the degreaser soften up all that gunk.

After the time has lapsed, I just emptied the syringe through the fuel line and pushed all the crap out, leaving me with clean fuel lines.

How do ya'll clean yours?

Last edited:
always replace fuel lines that you get on used vehicles as they can have small pinholes not visible and cause havoc holding a tune and random lean conditions.

why bother with cleaning. they are cheap pull off replace with new..
When in a bind and have no spares available.... :D It was my first one. So I didn't think to order some fuel lines.

always replace fuel lines that you get on used vehicles as they can have small pinholes not visible and cause havoc holding a tune and random lean conditions.
I did a pressure test. They were still good. Just dirty. :)

Any small engine shops or harware stores near by? They might have fuel line for 2 stroke gas like chainsaws and weedeaters I've used it myself has to be a specific type though

As mentioned, replace.
Yeah, will order some lines on my next order. :)

Any small engine shops or harware stores near by? They might have fuel line for 2 stroke gas like chainsaws and weedeaters I've used it myself has to be a specific type though
As tntproof said, they are cheap. I'll just buy a roll and keep for spares. :)