Cleaning Nitro Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragd

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello,
I guess you can call me a newbie considering that i Gave up rc for Slot Drag Racing, but now I'm pulling the cars back out :whhooo: , but I made a stupid move on myself and I never put after run in the cars. is there anything that i can do to clean out all that grease and grime with out pulling the motor apart. and if not, I've never pulled apart a nitro motor before, so is there any suggestions on how to do so and how to clean it? Thanks in advanced,
Dragd

Hello,
I guess you can call me a newbie considering that i Gave up rc for Slot Drag Racing, but now I'm pulling the cars back out :whhooo: , but I made a stupid move on myself and I never put after run in the cars. is there anything that i can do to clean out all that grease and grime with out pulling the motor apart. and if not, I've never pulled apart a nitro motor before, so is there any suggestions on how to do so and how to clean it? Thanks in advanced,
Dragd

Dont quote me on this but I would clean it with nitro cleaner and then hit it with WD-40 and give it a shot.

I think it depends upon how it was stored (inside, out in the hot garage, etc.) and if there's any fuel left in the engine.

I just got back into it myself after a three year break doing other things (work mostly!) and my HPI MT2 fired right up with no issues, but my HPI RS4 Evo had a lot of gunk/slime in the engine and factory plastic pipe. I mean, I picked the car up and it just oozed out. I had to pull the glow plug, spray motor cleaner in it and then hit it with the rotostart while upside down. I did this about three times before it was clean enough to even start!

I can't remember if they got ARO or not, as when I put them up last I probably figured I'd be using them in a couple of days and instead it was a couple of years! LOL

Both came back with a nice tune and plenty of power, though as I stated in another thread, the front bearing on the engine in the RS4 has a small leak. Not enough to cause tuning issues, but enough to sling fuel and make a mess.

I still need to unearth my Savage and see how that fared in storage. Hope to do it this week while on vacation.

Good luck with it...

Mark

Thanks for the info, I had Stored it in my room so it was stored in good conditions, but on the other hand I have seemed to have left some fuel in it ( not even 3 quarters of a Tank), I own the OFNA Ultra LX One and the Team Losi Mega Baja, the same problem for the Baja but the Baja has no fuel in the tank, I'm hopping the Baja starts right up but that car was a pain to start up from day 1 lol, but once again thanks for the info, and good luck to you to MustangMan on starting up your car!!! Dragd