Cleaning a OS without removing it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cygor

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi All,
I'm kinda of a newbie here, found the pages from a link somewhere else. Anyway.. I have a T-Maxx with a OS CV-R
that I think I finally have sitting correctly (havn't stripped the spur gear since replacing the last one) but after running my truck
this weekend through a bunch of leaves, the main block is looking pretty dirty. Is there a good way to get in and clean it without
having to take it off the frame, etc? I have seen several people
mention a few ways.. but all I see 3 or 4 posts later is someone else saying 'don't use that stuff' or 'no this way is better'

Thanks for any help in advance.
Cygor

thanks...

thanks for the fast reply, but I have another question then,
can anyone recomend a cheap but usable (ie.. not sucky)
air compressor? I don't want to have to keep buying those cans
of perri-air (tm) or whatever. I did see a really cheap small
compressor for like $20 with 2 little nossels, but it only plugged
into a cigarette lighter.. I don't think I want to have to sit in my
car to blow dirt off my truck :)

Cygor

I use DA (denatured alcohol) you can get it at any hardware store, K-Mart or Wally World.

Put it in a spray bottle and use the pressure from spraying it to clean the gunk off of the engine as well as all rest of your truck. If you have an air compressor blow off the truck to dry it. If you don’t have a compressor at home go to your local gas station and use the tire hose.

cool

sounds like a plan, I'll pick up some (DA) this weekend
and give it a try. Thanks for the ideas! I'm diggin this place!

Cygor

Cygor, I have my eye on an air compressor at Wal-Mart, it's only $100 bucks. can't remember the name off hand but it's small and can be carried easily with one hand. You may want to check it out