Cleaning A Motor Saver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbon_Savage418

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i know lots of you have motor saver filters and i have heard lots of different ways on how to clean them. i want to know what you guys do because i dont think what I'm doing is the best for my filter

i put mine in a baggy with some nitro and squish it around then spray it with some mean green or something to get the oil off and wash it with warm water.. then let it dry or blow dry it.. put it in another baggy with some oil and squish it again.. then plop it out on a paper towel wrap the towel around it and the baggy around the towel and squeeze the extra out (put the baggy around the towel so the oil wont soak through and gt on your hands..) then your good to go.. as far as when.. when it gets dirty i guess

that sounds good, all i did was pour nitro on the filters, run them under water to shrink them to normal size, and then oil them...

do you clean both filters or just the inside one?

i clean both and the little mesh endcap.. only oil the inner though..

I clean everything, I just wash it out in the sink w/ nitro fuel, warm water, and soap, then let it dry for a day or so.

I use oxiclean, LOL. Its a powder form that comes in tub. Wet the filter, put some oxyclean on that badboy rub it around, rinse and it comes as good as new if not better.

I put my in a bag with some nitro, squish it around, Let it sit and air dry, then back in a new bag, and put some oil in there, and squish it around. Then back in the truck she goes to get dirty again.

i just rinse mine out wiht gas, then i put warm water on it, oil it back up and i am done

Back