classic maxx fuel tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmswimfan21

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
anyone had a problem with a classic breaking fuel tanks i have been through 4 in 2 months. 2 stock tanks a 2 pro line. bought screw kits for the two lock tighted them in and on the last one it only made two tanks full then they all crack on the outside front mount.

That is crazy that many tanks that quick what are you doing to that poor maxx??? Would the fuel tank savers help out?? that aluminum piece that kinda covers most of the tank??? Cause I have heard a few bad things about the all aluminum fuel tanks but I think those savers would be the best bet.. So doea you maxx end up on its top more than the wheels??

That is crazy!! And 2 proline tanks? I thought that the proline tanks were suppossed to be alot stronger than the stockers.

I have broken my share of stock tanks too. The way they mount just plain sucks. I started using over long screws and putting a washer made of fuel line on the screw on both sides of the chassis so the tank has a little give and shock mounting. That helped out a lot. Just be careful not to get too long of a screw and puncture the tank.

had my maxx nearly 2 years and never broke a tank you playing destruction derby or something lol

The stock tank leaves a lot to be desired, the pro-line tank is worse.
Over the years I and my kids must have broken over 15 stock fuel tanks.
Beating, bashing, crashin, body on, body off, etc. Just a sudden frontal impact where it stops the truck dead in its tracks can crack the leg areas of the tank.
If you remove the stock battery box, relocate the battery elsewhere and install an Ofna Violator fuel tank where the battery box was, your fuel tank troubles are over. It will also greatly help reduce the ½ tank lean issue the stock and pro-line tank are known for.