Chubaka's Nitro Sport SE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubaka

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Bought my Nitro Sport SE and Rustler XL1 together off a friend for $150. The second belongs to a friend. Both Nitro Sports are 2003 models.

The chassis with holes cut in the bottom is mine. As of a few minutes ago, I added a fiberglass rear shock tower, aluminum front axles, a pro .15 and full system exhaust. I'm exhauste.d now. 🙃

I have brand new white dish wheels and a Nitro Rustler clear body. I am trying to duplicate the factory body. The red car is what I am going after.

I spent $30 on the head to realize it's for the Trx Image .12......

The receiver box is hacked to run the starter via radio.

20230410_074826.jpg

20230410_181017.jpg

Traxxas-Nitro-Sport-4510-2001-Body3.jpg

Did you check the engine piston and sleeve for pinch?
pinch is tight. motor came of a nitro stampede that had busted shock and 3 broken steel links, so bad the butterfly bent. 🤣

I need to take it apart and clean it, but it does spin freely with a tight pinch. I plan on a spare piston and sleeve and bearings when this p/s goes.

Buying a pull start next week for it, I installed one on my nitro RS4 with the HPI T-15. After that, buying fuel.

20230410_173258.jpg

I have a Nitro Sport in my collection. I love the Pro.15 Runs good and easy to tune. Thanks for sharing pics 👍🏻

Back