Cheapest scaler?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelseafc385

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What is the cheapest "reliable" scaler? It can't be too expensive since i may ask for it for my birthday. But i still want it to be durable and easy to maintain. I'm not definate whether i want one yet, first ill need to see what price range they are in.

the axial scx10 is prolly the best bang for the buck.

beat me to it joe lol.

Thanks. Are there any others that are worth a look at?

you can buy some pretty nice used scalers for less than a scx too...

scx10 is a very nice kit and a good buy

or u can get u a set of axles and make your own frame and links throw on some 1.9's
buy the stock scx10 body from me get u a cheap traxxas esc and motor and servo o and a ax10 tranny off u go

or u can get u a set of axles and make your own frame and links throw on some 1.9's
buy the stock scx10 body from me get u a cheap traxxas esc and motor and servo o and a ax10 tranny off u go

Thanks, i havnt ever done scaling before so i dont really wanna build one myself.

Thanks, i havnt ever done scaling before so i dont really wanna build one myself.

isnt that the point is scaling? building it yourself to look just like the real thing, using odd objects to make stuff that looks like mini versions of the real one?? like ncnitro and his tuber...

isnt that the point is scaling? building it yourself to look just like the real thing, using odd objects to make stuff that looks like mini versions of the real one?? like ncnitro and his tuber...

Yes, i mean that i dont want to be building the chassis.

its not as hard as you might think...

Thanks Beason :D

I couldnt agree more, making a scaler yourself is awesome, making it a one of a kind that you won't see another one. Making stuff out of things you find laying around, it's just so cool to create a truck rather than buy one.

i understand,i got the scx10 for my first scaler and now i want to make my own lol

if i was you i would buy the scx10 kit an a traxxas waterproof esc an traxxas waterproof servo and traxxas motor and nice battery and a radio of some kind
thats all u really need to get started

then u can go from there and change anything you want

but remember the scx10 kit u have to put it together but its real easy

I like em, cuz you are NEVER finished building it.

So true, there's always some scale item you can add. jacks, fire extinguisher, coolers, bungees, jerry cans, shovels, toolbox, it just goes on and on, whatever you can find on or in a 1:1 you can do to a scaler

scalers are silly....

lol.