Cheap/wholesale websites

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNolan12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Since I'm new to this hobby, I'm wondering what are the cheapest websites that you guys TRUST that I could browse around on instead of looking at in-store prices or looking at the MSRP prices. Thanks for your help

Many people will just use eBay, and personally I have had great results with it. I know some people don't have the trust that others do and/or have had a bad exoerience with it. If you don't like using it or can't find a part on there a couple great places are amainhobbies.com and towerhobbies.com. If you can't find what you need between these three site you don't need another site you need a new car/truck haha.

if there one off items and ebay is cheaer incl postage, go ebay but always check the big guys (amainhobbies). but big order like i place which are usually well over $100 and include at least 5 items i buy from one place. usually sus amainhobbies out and hopmeup. also i check postage costs. if ur in the states it will prob be nothing, but I'm in australia so postage plays a big part and i never just buy one thing and get it sent over.

If you buy on Ebay, read the sellers feedback and sale info very carefully. Do not buy from someone who has bad or no feedback. Do not waste you $$$ on something that looks too good to be true because it probably isn't.

What about prime hobbies. They seem pretty good.

How about Hobby People, Hobbypartz, Philshobbyshop, rcsuperstore, rchobbies4life. I buy most of my parts from Philshobbyshop.

there is NO substitute for a GOOD local shop. however i just lost a very very good local shop.

This was a good post.
My local hobby shop is an hour away, Hobbytown. Almost all my parts have been mail ordered. The shipping has been getting expensive. I'm using mainly AMAIN but due to them being on the west coast, normal shipping time takes 10 days to deliver.

Last edited:
NitroHouse is a good one, Stormer Hobbies is another as well as the ones mentioned above.

Last edited:
I get all my stock Traxxas parts from dollarhobbyz. Richard, the guy that runs it, is awesome. They ship the day you order it and shipping isn't that bad either. Their prices are almost unbelievable too.

I use philshobbyshop.com quite a bit, mostly because their b&m stores are about 30min from my house. Makes it easy to order online, then pick up in store in 2 days and save on shipping.

I use philshobbyshop.com quite a bit, mostly because their b&m stores are about 30min from my house. Makes it easy to order online, then pick up in store in 2 days and save on shipping.

i have used Phils! good seller!