Chasis Woes...please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaslep

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've got a LD3 Pro...set-up pretty neutral 1 degree camber all round and stock yellow springs. First problem, car wants to pull to the left under acceleration but rolls pretty straight while coasting. Second problem is that the car is wicked loose under acceleration, almost to the point that I can't make a lap on the track without spinning out. Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks

The pulling left is torque steer, it happens with shaft-driven cars. I'm not sure why it's so loose, though...

jaslep said:
I've got a LD3 Pro...set-up pretty neutral 1 degree camber all round and stock yellow springs. First problem, car wants to pull to the left under acceleration but rolls pretty straight while coasting. Second problem is that the car is wicked loose under acceleration, almost to the point that I can't make a lap on the track without spinning out. Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks

Remove all you parts and check to see if the chassis is flat. If it isn't, get a new chassis. The characteristics you mentioned above sounds like a tweaked chassis.

jaslep said:

Thanks

For the looseness portion...check your servo's. My son has his 'reversed' on the car (Hi torque was on the throttle). The result was way too much range on steering and he couldn't make a lap either.

I also put a small amount of toe out on his fronts and toe in on the rears .(1.5 deg F and 2 deg rear)

Chris

ok hold on. Don't tear your car apart yet. This could be a simple suspension tuning issue. I have a couple NTC3's and they all had similar acceleration issues. they would all pull to the left or right. I purchased the XXX-main touring car set up guide and fixed my problems quick. Now you say that it pulls to the left? what type shocks do you have? Threaded or fixed? Well for your issue it may be that one side is not getting enough traction. I would try adding more spacers to the front left shock or turning the collar down to compress the spring. Let me know if this works. I a at work so I don't have the book with me.

Jon

Back