Charging JR XS3 tx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro_Keebler

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Anyone know where I can get a charger/battery pack for this thing?

What are you guys running and how are you doing it?

Thanks!!

I use NIMH AA 2100 mah batts with an 8 bay charger. Just need to take them out of the TX to charge them.

Yea, thats always an option... I'm just wondering if there is a certain 9.6v battery pack to use and where I can get the JR plug in the wall charger?

Id rather not get the individual batteries, its just easier to keep up with a single batt pack.

What's up with JR and their Tx batteries? 700mah? I had a futaba Super 7 airplane radio that had the battery go south. I used one of the dry cell holders and put Energizer NiMH 2100 mah cells in it and used the standard charger. Took a bit longer to charge, but the charge lasted forever. Also recelled a JR 10X heli radio nearly the same way, though I had to hardwire the cells into the funky holder that that radio has. I just couldn't see paying $80 for a replacement NiCD pack.

I'm with you on the NiMh solution. Thats all I run in my transmitters. Got sick of it dying so fast. Futaba and Hitec do the same crap.

No Nicd, go Nimh if you can. High MaH rating too if possible.

Looks like that pack has a pigtail. The pack in the XS3 has a different kind of connector, looks like a 9v connector, but it's on the end of the pack not on a wire.

Target has AA nimh batts 4 for $10. I charge mine with a FMA Supernova peak charger at .2 amps. It runs the rx for 8-10 hourts on a charge.

Originally posted by scottm
Target has AA nimh batts 4 for $10. I charge mine with a FMA Supernova peak charger at .2 amps. It runs the rx for 8-10 hourts on a charge.

Target's are hard to find in Belgium.

Well, I opted to go with 8 rechargeable 2100mah NiMH 1.2v AA batteries.

I have a little charger, so I can charge these up for the time being till I'm ready to drop 50 bucks on a 9.6v cell :D

Thanks for all your help everyone, its mucho appreciated!

Walmart sells the Energizer 2200 MAH AA's with a 15-minute charger (4-AAs & charger). Very quick and works great in my Spektrum DX3 TX.

Delrevo said:
Walmart sells the Energizer 2200 MAH AA's with a 15-minute charger (4-AAs & charger). Very quick and works great in my Spektrum DX3 TX.
I have the simular batteries, 2500mAH Energizer batteries- I jus bought the charger jack from Tower or somewhere like that and I charge right off my Pulsar charger....it works great and lasts for at least a month or so of racing weekly.......:fro: the batteries were like $15 w/wall charger that I have never even used.

I have a JR NEC-221 wall charger that came with my JR Tx... it says NiCd on it.
Will it also charge those Energizer NiMH AA's while still in the Tx?

I installed NiMh cells in my XS3 and instead of taking them out and charging them in a bay, I took a charge lead from another charger and cut the female end off. I took the two wires and connected them to a standard Tamiya plug. Then I just plug the female end to the XS3 charge plug and the tamiya end to my Super Brain charger. It lets me charge everything right in my radio. Makes it easy at the track. Take care.

Tom

Back