central diff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXXcrasher

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
has anyone put a center diff in their maxx? what would be the advantages of doind so?

no thoughts on a center diff for a maxx?

I tried fitting my 1/8th center diff and driveshafts on my spare t maxx chassis . But it seemed like too much hard work lol .

i know the revo uses a center diff and the maxx and revo use the same tranny so i thinking of using the revo center diff

i know the revo uses a center diff and the maxx and revo use the same tranny so i thinking of using the revo center diff

lol man, where in the world are these members getting their info from.

The T-maxx transmission is no where near the same as a Revo's transmission.
The center diff for the Revo is an option. I'm not even sure if the platinum Revo comes with the center diff or not.

Yeah i didnt know either.
I know it is an option and can be added to the truck, didnt know they came with one though.

Yes there is a center diff option for the Revo and I "thought" the Plat came with it standard. However not for the T-Maxx. The trannys are a good bit different and will not work. The only way you could do it would be to modd your chassis to take a Revo tranny. Then you would need to be able to make the dual brake set-up work as well once you have the diff going.

Here is the link to one but you must have the Revo case for it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHP7&P=7
trac9414.jpg

The revo center diff simply replaces the Foward only output shaft! And WILL fit in a maxx trans!

However... good luck with the rear brake. there was a good right up over on the TRAXXAS forum. someone has made it work.

if there is a will there is a way..... or you cut whats in the way l.o.l....

so that just basically takes some of the stress off from the tranny right???? does it help with anything else?????