...causing a StamPEDE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Boating
The journey began late last year of 2022 after the original Traxxas ESC, which I'm not a fan of, burnt up.

This upgrade is long overdue. I had this Monster Truck since 2015.

Stay tuned...to be continued, cause we ain't done yet 😊

20230227_025710.jpg

20230227_025715.jpg

20230227_030724.jpg

20230227_135126.jpg

IMG_20230227_150205_932.jpg

20230101_214536.jpg

20230101_213237.jpg

20230101_215354.jpg

20230101_220116.jpg

20221214_235546.jpg

Those shocks actually look pretty darned nice man. I am sitting here staring at my son's Grave Digger Stampede thinking about some upgrades. So I may have to grab some of those. I need to pick up a wheelie bar and a basher body for it also, because she's in mint condition. The Digger bodies are pretty rare, especially in this condition, so I would feel kinda bad if we tore it up.

I'm with you on that. I do want to tell you that the shocks/dampers are of the bladderless type.

Bladderless dampers are more plush. You'll know when you overfill these dampers because the O-Ring pops out from under the cap.

I didn't have any problems getting the air out of them.

I'm with you on that. I do want to tell you that the shocks/dampers are of the bladderless type.

Bladderless dampers are more plush. You'll know when you overfill these dampers because the O-Ring pops out from under the cap.

I didn't have any problems getting the air out of them.
Oh I just noticed you're building a 4x4. Our Stampede is 2wd. I haven't looked at any upgrades for ours yet, so I assume the 2wd shocks are different?

so I assume the 2wd shocks are different?
I believe all of the off-road 1/10 Traxxas cars have the plastic gray ultra shocks. There ok shocks but the shock shafts bent so easily. I upgraded to the Traxxas big bores with the tini shafts.

I believe all of the off-road 1/10 Traxxas cars have the plastic gray ultra shocks. There ok shocks but the shock shafts bent so easily. I upgraded to the Traxxas big bores with the tini shafts.
My question was are the shocks different on 2wd and 4wd. I know the stock shocks are crap.

My question was are the shocks different on 2wd and 4wd. I know the stock shocks are crap.
Not sure. By looking at all of the cars stock they look all the same. Maybe different length shafts? Idk.

Not sure. By looking at all of the cars stock they look all the same. Maybe different length shafts? Idk.
I would have thought they were the same too, but looking at those on ebay above, they say they are for the 4wd Stampede.

Oh I just noticed you're building a 4x4. Our Stampede is 2wd. I haven't looked at any upgrades for ours yet, so I assume the 2wd shocks are different?
They use the same dampers/shocks. Go fir it.

Back