Castle sidewinder 3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxx 3.3 boss

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was thinking of getting the sidewinder 3 sport combo to put in my rustler. I recently have a velineon combo and am fairly impressed, but my other rustler remains brushed. The velineon system gets up and going pretty good.

My question is what kv rating should I get, I want something that has a fair amount of torche but will still have some speed. The velineon is 3500kv so would I go up or down for more torche. Amazon sells a 4600kv, 5700kv, and 6900kv. I am also going to run venom 5000mah 20c 2s lipos.

Also is this a decent combo I looked on amazon and they want about $110ish. And will this combo last, or should I concidering something else

The lower the kV rating the higher the torque. The higher the kV rating the higher the RPM the motor will turn per volt.

Ok so the 4600kv should be about in the middle between tourque and speed, and is it a good combo

On the right track

I'm in your boat also pretty happy with the Velineon system but finally killed the VXL-3. For the price I think what your doing is really good and should prove to be fun. Don't quote me on model numbers but i want to get the mamba monster ESC that handles 6S , don't remember the exact one but its like $120-130. I just want a more beefy system.

I however highly considered your rout due to price :)

---------- Post added at 6:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:30 PM ----------

Ok so the 4600kv should be about in the middle between tourque and speed, and is it a good combo

I'm not exactly sure but I would say if you on the street yes. If you off road more I'd go safer with lower kV. Play with gearing too some people "power through" gearing ratios with low kV and obtain killer top speed. Others can go for RPM's and lower gear ratios. With all this new tech there are alot of options and system designs.

Back