Carburetor not receiving fuel.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rashel758

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys
I have got a XTM Terminator 24 engine. It's almost been a year since it was turned on. For the last couple of days I tried starting it up but its useless. Priming works, fuel goes through the pipe but it doesn't seem to go through the engine.

Now i gave up.

Please could you give me a list of all the solutions as I would like to fire it up. :(

Did you do any after run maintenance and have you cleaned out the carb? Are you using new or old fuel, what about the fuel lines?

No doubt your needles are clogged by fuel that has dried out and gummed them up. Time for a carb tear down and cleaning.

I have a got a bottle of fuel, therefore I am using new fuel. I have never cleaned out the carburetor. The fuel lines seem to be okay, no leaks. Fuel flows thoroughly.

You sure they're not connected backwards? Seen it more than once, where the line to the carb is attached at the tank where the line from the exhaust should be.

Yes I am sure the fuel lines are connected correctly. Please could you tell me what the problem with my car is?

As Rolex stated: You need to take the carb apart and clean the needles.

If possible could you please send me a link of a video telling me how to clean a carburetor as I do not know how.

If possible could you please send me a link of a video telling me how to clean a carburetor as I do not know how.
There is many videos like that on youtube. you might even find one that shows you how to do it for your motor. I would start there for a way to get a how to in video form. If you do better with pics as a way to learn use a simple google or yahoo search for a how to . Now as far as how hard it is , i think if you take your time and watch how things come out you will be able to put it back together the way they came apart. Good luck

Than you very much for your help. Another problem is that the last time I turned it on I remember that the car automatically revved off. Could you please tell me why this is?

the last time I turned it on I remember that the car automatically revved off
"Revved off"? I have no idea if that means it revved UP, went into reverse, or the RPMs went down till it stalled.

If you put a few drops of fuel directly into the carb neck, start it, it runs and then stalls, you'll know your needle valves are gummed.

The car automatically drove off. Is the carb neck the place where the glow plug is?

Remove the air filter and put some fuel down the carb ..the glowplug goes into the engine head.

When you take your carb apart and put it back together take note of how many turns it was. Turn the high speed and low speed needles all the way in (don't do it too tight as it may tear the orings) and count how many turn it was to get all the way in. Also find the specs on the motor and find the factory turns and compare the two. Usually factory tune is a safe point, a run in tune will be different. Sometimes by 1/8 turn, sometimes 2 turns.

I removed the air filter and put some fuel down the carb neck. I tried starting it up but it doesn't seem to start. Also now the fuel isn't going through the pipe.

You need to clean that carb... You sure your glow plug and igniter are in good shape

Have you removed the glow plug and checked it? When connected it should glow very brightly. No glow, no go. (It threads into the cylinder head) also known as the head button on some engines.

I don't think my ignitors working as well as the glow plug. Soon I'll be cleaning the carb. One last thing is that the pull start feels abit too hard. Yesterday when I put some fuel into the carb neck. The pull start felt so hard. I could barely pull it. What could be the problem there.

---------- Post added at 3:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 3:20 AM ----------

The glow plug doesn't glow. But I thought the engine was meant to stutter, like every car. By stutter I mean the you could hear the engine trying to start up. Then I thought you insert the ignitor. However my engine doesn't even seem to stutter.

Change the glow plug. Also if it was hard to pull its loaded up on fuel as your plug must be bad .. might be an easy fix after all...

I don't think my ignitors working as well as the glow plug. Soon I'll be cleaning the carb. One last thing is that the pull start feels abit too hard. Yesterday when I put some fuel into the carb neck. The pull start felt so hard. I could barely pull it. What could be the problem there.

---------- Post added at 3:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 3:20 AM ----------

The glow plug doesn't glow. But I thought the engine was meant to stutter, like every car. By stutter I mean the you could hear the engine trying to start up. Then I thought you insert the ignitor. However my engine doesn't even seem to stutter.

If your ignitor isn't working your plug won't glow, if your plug won't glow your engine won't start.