Carbon fibre chassis?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbproguy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Wondering if it is possible to get a carbon fibre chassis?

Depending on what you want, you can certainly buy one...

Awesome thanks for all the reply’s I will stay away from it, I’m running a tenacity db pro 1/10th scale it has an aluminum chassis which makes it fairly heavy. Suppose I could just get a 3s battery ?

Awesome thanks for all the reply’s I will stay away from it, I’m running a tenacity db pro 1/10th scale it has an aluminum chassis which makes it fairly heavy. Suppose I could just get a 3s battery ?

What are you doing with it ,using it for simple street runs or serious bashing around?

I saw that for Rustler. Looked good. But would defintely be cheating in my league. Heisenburg Performance Enhanced Rustlers seem to do just fine with stock chassis, shock towers, RPM control arms, aluminum casters and spindles. Maybe go aluminum on the towers someday.

I have to agree about road cars. I forgot that I had a CF chassis on my RC-18R. It's been a while since I've had that one off of the shelf.

I have to agree about road cars. I forgot that I had a CF chassis on my RC-18R. It's been a while since I've had that one off of the shelf.

In some application ,it might be good ,but in some ,a weak point maybe where a front clip is screwed on!

I just seen a chassy pop up on ebay ,the guy showed where the stress cracks were ,it was at the front where the diff or
steering & arms are mounted!

What are you doing with it ,using it for simple street runs or serious bashing around?
Doing mostly off road runs with moderate size rock/ gravel some dips and holes. A few small to medium jumps but nothing too crazy

I saw that for Rustler. Looked good. But would defintely be cheating in my league. Heisenburg Performance Enhanced Rustlers seem to do just fine with stock chassis, shock towers, RPM control arms, aluminum casters and spindles. Maybe go aluminum on the towers someday.
Db pro has aluminum shock towers and aluminum chassis already which I think is awesome

Doing mostly off road runs with moderate size rock/ gravel some dips and holes. A few small to medium jumps but nothing too crazy

If your driving it over rocks and bashing, I wouldn't recommend CF. Once you scratch it, the chassis is then compromised. It will start to splinter off at that point, or it will start to crack. Especially around the edges. In the racing scene, chassis use to be made out of aluminum. Then they went to CF because it was lighter and stiffer. Now, most of the companies went back to aluminum for flex and durability.

I've seen it used for other parts ,but not as a main truck chassy ,maybe some kind of carpet racer or a pan car ,I say no too!

In time ,the layers start cracking making it weak!

I see quite a few solid axle MT's using CF sideplates, in fact really common. I don't think flex is much of an issue because they have so much bracing, and they don't take much in the way of impacts. Now for an IS truck chassis, I've never seen one, and that would flex like hell and take a pounding for sure.

Only get carbon fiber for on road!!! A carbon fiber body is OK for most rc vehicles but for a chassis carbon fiber is only good if you need to shed weight from some sort of fully metal vehicle. Regular plastic is 3 to 5 times more durable 1 10th the price but only 1.3 times heavier. But if your a baller and you like to show off then by all means, go for it.

Back