Carbon Fiber?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to guess that it's an internal vinyl decal. The work looks to precise to be paint. Unless it's a silkscreen job like the pre-painted Traxxas bodies and stuff. With that process, they silkscreen the design onto flat polycarb and then draw the body through the vacuum former. Always looks tight when it's done, but unless you have your own former and body molds it's not doable. Looks nice, though. A good looking static display body, that's for sure.

I'm just wanting to do a hood. I gonna go rack my brain at the fabric store and Hobby Lobby. I've seen guys use different kinds of lace for different effects.

You can use drywall tape. Not the solid tape kind but the perforated kind for joints--kinda looks like a mesh ribbon. I saw an article on this in one of the RC rags a while ago--I will see if I still have the issue...

Last edited:
For the price they're asking, I can guarantee it's been silk screened on flat Lexan and then vacuum formed. Looks great. Especially at that price.

For the price they're asking, I can guarantee it's been silk screened on flat Lexan and then vacuum formed. Looks great. Especially at that price.

The price on the body isn't that bad but did you see the shipping cost? Jesus.

Why don't you just use those carbon fiber decal sheets if it's just for the hood?

That's a pretty sick body though. But $30 for shipping? Idk, maybe because it's coming from Malaysia?

I didn't look at the shipping. For that price I'd expect a guy with a straw hat to show up at my door with a pack mule.