Carb swap Trx 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longlivenitros

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
i have an old nitro tmaxx with close to 6 gallons through it. It’s pretty old from like the 2000s. Turns out that the carb breaks eaisly. Is there a replacement carb that is metal in the part where the HSN screws on. I’m thinking of getting a SH engines .28 carb. Or can anyone suggest cheap good preforming carbs. I dont want to spend 80-90$ on a old engine

any help appreciated
I’m also thinking of an engine swap for a revo 3.3. What would be the best engine

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
i have an old nitro tmaxx with close to 6 gallons through it. It’s pretty old from like the 2000s. Turns out that the carb breaks eaisly. Is there a replacement carb that is metal in the part where the HSN screws on. I’m thinking of getting a SH engines .28 carb. Or can anyone suggest cheap good preforming carbs. I dont want to spend 80-90$ on a old engine

any help appreciated
I’m also thinking of an engine swap for a revo 3.3. What would be the best engine
"Best" is subjective. Losi 3.4, O.S 21 TM, imo
Just a couple weeks ago we swapped a big block carb on a 2.5 and omg the performance and tune hold

The Lois carb is discontinued and the os carbs are fairly expensive. Are there any other options

The Lois carb is discontinued and the os carbs are fairly expensive. Are there any other options
i meant whole engines , for the best.

I like force, torq, picco.

Can help you out with nice budget friendly option

the best whole engine that would fit in a tmaxx would be?

the 2.5 is IMO the best traxxas engine, i will always pick the 2.5 over a 3.3