Carb gap look about right?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaputoNL001

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Does this carb gap look right or a bit small? Engine: SH 18 3.0cc engine.
7E991E5B-02A0-4AA4-AC17-BD7A40EE075B.jpeg

Looks pretty good from here, but it still might need a little tweak once it's ready to run. Close enough to start and idle.
I'll be attempting to seal my first nitro engine tomorrow ?

I'll be attempting to seal my first nitro engine tomorrow ?

Break out the tooth pic!

A tooth pic makes a great tool to spread the sealant on the parts ,it don't take much ,too bad that they
don't sell that stuff in a smaller tube ,its overkill ,when your done with it ,put it in a zip lock bag ,an
keep in a cool place ,it should keep longer ,or else it will harden in time!...:cool:

I know some of this stuff I'll be posting is old but there are other people that be needing help and information so I always try to consider others. And never consider myself.

That idle Gap is bad.

Some people show a picture and call that a 1 millimeter Gap when it's not.

A good idle Gap is at least one mm in the proper 1 mm Gap what look like this on the picture. Then you fine-tune you're idling overall it's going to be a bit smaller than 1 millimeter sometimes and then other times it might not be. It depends on the nature of how your fuel and your low speed response.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 48