carb flip ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemaxxinnv

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how did you set up your linkage when you flip your carb on tmaxx with pro15? also like to know what glo plug you prefer? I am currently running a dynamite mc-9 glo-plug and it burns out after a tank or 2.

When I flipped my carb, I used the stock linkages. I first flipped the control arm on the servo. This put the throttle linkage on the left and the brake on the right (when looking from the front of the truck). I also had to switch the brake actuator arm from the left to the right on the tranny. When you reinstall the throttle link, First you need to bend the tip at the carb so it goes the other way, inserting from the outside of the carb. Then I collared it the same as it was stock. On the servo arm, the collars and spring need to be reversed. Slip a collar on. Then slip the rod through the control arm. Then the spring. then finally another collar. You'll have to readjust when you're done to make sure the throws are ok. On the brake, you need to do a few things. To set up the link through the actuator, put a collar on the link about 1/3 way down. Then the piece of fuel tubing and washer. Slip this through the actuator arm from the front and secure it with another collar. Now if you only have stock parts, you'll notice you're out of collars. You will need one at the servo. So what I did was to remove the 2nd collar from other end of the brake linkage, and slip it over the end that goes through the servo arm. Then slip it into the servo arm. So from front to back it goes servo arm, collar, long space, collar, fule tube, washer, actuator arm. The problem then is that under use conditions, the arm can come out of the brake actuator arm. So I just glued a bead that I "borrowed" from my daughter onto the end of the link and that keeps it from falling out.

thank you candyman,i wil give that a try

THANKS AGAIN!!!! I got the linkage together and working,I did not see the allen on the brake post. Thanx for the pictures:banana: