Car Pulling to Left & HI Speed's " HELP "

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC/Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi Everyone... I have a Traxxas 4-Tech 2 weeks ago Myself & a Friend where out Bashing together & I took my eyes off my 4-tech for a split second to see where my Friends Rig was & I " TRY NOT TO LYAO " because my Friend busted a gut LHAO @ me... I did not think it was FUNNY....

Anyway my 4-tech crashed into my Left Foot @ Full Speed car was in 2nd gear WAMM-O... Well anyway my 4-tech hit my foot so hard I put a huge dent in the resonator pipe / broke the LS Steering Yoke that is connected to steering servo / bent the wheel " actually broke 4 of 5 plastic spokes on the 5 star wheels I was using @ the time ".. / the stock body is destroyed I tried getting out as many kinks in the body I could & duck taped what I could the rear wing got totally ripped off in crash leaving a huge hole where it got ripped of its mounts So I went with a new body....

I got all the Damaged items fixed over this past weekend... & took the car out for a test run car ran fine but once it hits 2nd gear my 4-tech wants to veer to the left I adjusted my steering trim on radio & corrected it some but again once car hit's 2nd gear it wants to veer to the left.... I think it is out of Toe adjustment & might need a Camber Adjustment the car did not do this before crash.. My friend said to me because the damage happened close to area of steering servo I might need to re-center steering servo... Any help would be a help to me..... :\

?????????????? Guess I am on my own on this issue LOL LOL..... Think I'll Give a call to Traxxas Tech Support on Friday & see what they have to say about my issue....

Re-centering the servo might help. You need to check the alignment at all four corners... (caster/camber and toe-in/toe-out). you should be slightly toe-in in the rear (2-3°) and about the same in the front. This is of course subjective to the driver and his style of driving. Same thing goes for caster (5-10° top in) and slightly less in the front. The measurements should match on the front and rear.

I'm no expert, but that should get you started.

if you have checked the alignment at all four corners and that doesn't work I think you should change your tires around, see if the pulling moves.
You might have seen the tires moving funny by driving around a while with it out-of-alignment. In that case, the only real solution is new tires.

if you have checked the alignment at all four corners and that doesn't work I think you should change your tires around, see if the pulling moves.
You might have seen the tires moving funny by driving around a while with it out-of-alignment. In that case, the only real solution is new tires.

Thanks Adam: I have been playing around with the Tie-Rod Ends that are connected to the Steering Arm's & I have gotten my 4-tech to go a tad straighter I am going let well enough alone I got it going pretty much in a straight line it still veer's slightly... But I think I can adjust my Driving to it..

Digital calipers.....measure all your links, adjust accordingly

You really need to align the front tires to where they should be, with the servo disconnected. Make sure it's centered before you reattach the control arm.
Having the tires out of alignment and straightening out the steering by just using the trim will wear them out very quickly and slow your speed as well.

Back