can the savage drive in reverse??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSfan8

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does the savage have a reverse? can it drive backwards?

thanks

p.s. whats better the savage 21 or the T-Maxx??

I believe you can buy and upgrade.
Chris will get the scoop for you and post it later.

Well the new 2.5 I heard it pretty powerful and there are plenty of hop-ups. I don't think there are many people with the savage but I love my maxx.

Welcome aboard!

Yes the savage will do reverse with a 'plug-in' hop up that HPI put out. The remote that comes with it is already setup for reverse.

As with ANY new vehicle, the hopups come out shortly after its release. I can tell you this much, to see a savage in person is the only real way to judge it.

There are MANY of positives about this truck.

As far as whats better? Well only YOU can decide that. For now, I am still all about the TMaxx, BUT, that might change VERY soon ;)

-Chris

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Yes the savage will do reverse with a 'plug-in' hop up that HPI put out. The remote that comes with it is already setup for reverse.

As with ANY new vehicle, the hopups come out shortly after its release. I can tell you this much, to see a savage in person is the only real way to judge it.

There are MANY of positives about this truck.

As far as whats better? Well only YOU can decide that. For now, I am still all about the TMaxx, BUT, that might change VERY soon ;)

-Chris

thanks, how much does this "plug-in" cost??

I don't know how much the reverse module is but i know that it isn't available to order from their website yet.

I have had my savage since tuesday and LOVE it, I don't want to drive my tmaxx anymore but that is probably because i haven't ever driven a truck with a .21 in it. The power and suspension is awesome. Anyone thinking about getting one should (IMHO).

I was just at the LHS today and asked him to order the reverse module for me. I didnt even ask the price. Ill be stopping in again tomorrow so I will find out.

My fault - I wasn't thinking.

I did however pickup the HiTec 5645 MG Digital servo for the steering. Something about 140oz of Torque that drives me nuts. Ill wait til I roach the stock before dumping this one in.

so what do you guys think is better? T-maxx or Savage?
p.s. reverse is a must

Reverse is not a 'must' on the Savage. Just an option. I converted my T to a forward only because revers hurt its performance. However, until I seen reverse work on a savage I wont know. Based on the directions it seems like a 'plug-in' style module.

Ill keep u posted as soon as it comes in.

-Chris

I'm 'really' liking the Savage.

no i meant, its a must for me. i definatly want reserse. i think I'm just gonna get a T-maxx

If reverse was a neccesity, HPI would've included it with the Savage. Run into a curb with the Savage and drive right up, if it's something else, stop being lazy and walk to turn it around.

This info is straight from HPI's website.

Reverse Module Part #87032, retail price $45

Many Savage 21 owners have contacted us and wanted to know when the Reverse Module will be available. We are proud to say we will be shipping the #87032 Reverse Module this month! You will need a standard servo to use the Reverse Module, and some disassembly is required. The servo you use does NOT have to be a strong or fast servo, a basic servo from your local shop is about $12-$15 (US).

BTW they have a video of it driving in reverse on their site
http://www.hpiracing.com

Last edited:
Heres a photo.

Attachments

• reverse module.jpg
    reverse module.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 184
Back