Can someone help me close or shun this deal

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

despat

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was offered a Revo truck with extras ($450CAD). I am new to this and just wanted to know if it was a good deal for the offering.
Below are some pics, if some of you experts can help me out. Seller says that just the motor is about $250 (OS .21) and the Aluminum upgrades alone are $150. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth so here are the pics. He says it will start but won't show me (been in garage for over a year) and he's too busy to do so. I tried to attach the partially dead battery pack and it turns (without nitro). The truck transmits in fm and comes with a 2.0 transmtter (not DMS - not shown). Lots of tires and parts included.
Pics are attached. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0469.jpg
    IMAG0469.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0468.jpg
    IMAG0468.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0470.jpg
    IMAG0470.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0472.jpg
    IMAG0472.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMAG0477.jpg
    IMAG0477.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 116
I'm not a nitro or a revo guy BUT I would pass personally. $450 can get you some crazy decked out rigs, this one has upgrades but not all for the better. All that aluminum is just an anchor and will just bend on hard impacts.

Id put a WTB ad up here and see what pops up instead. If you can find a really clean, mostly RPM brand hopups, you will be starting in the right direction.

i would also pass.... Looks like a bunch of integy parts and from what i hear are junk

if he won't even start it.... there are too many reasons to walk away from this one. there are ALOT of great electric and nitros out there for less money.
if you are just getting started i like to refer people to stadium trucks. they are cheap to fix if you crash. open uncluttered design is easier to learn with.
associated GT is a great truck to get started with (tons of them out there)
I see alot of them rtr for $150-$200 used and now you can convert them to short course trucks!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies

Thanks, for all the replies.. I had a gut feeling that it's mostly just old, unreliable junk.
So I settle with the following. Everything brand new for $400. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Losi 3.4 Engine (with clutch bell and exhaust)
Dynamite DYN2495 Monster Glow (to install)
Dynamite DYN2026 Big Daddy Nitro Fuel filter
Losi Aluminium Servo Arm (for steering servo -HITEC)
NEW LOSI TEN SCT10 Short Course 4X4 Nitro Truck
2055 for the throttle/brake
Hitec 645mg for the steering
Traxxas 5234 TRX Engine Carb/Carburetor Body TRX 3.3 (new will install)
LOSB3315 Team Losi 3-Shoe Clutch (new will install)
7.4V 1000mAh 2S LiPo Pack: 10-T
IMax B6 battery Balance Charger
LiPo Balanced Charger
ROSS Starter Control Unit
Dynamite DYN2495 Monster Glow Plug
Air Filter Set: SNT
Fuel Tank 75cc GTX, XXX-NT, SNT
DX3 Transmitter
Nitro Ten-SCT WHEELS & TIRES (TLR7030 green Eclipse SCTE
Nitro Ten-SCT GREEN BODY
T-Maxx 3.3 FUEL BOTTLE 5001
SPEKTRUM SR3001 PRO SERIES
Spektrum DX2.0 DX2
Fuel (3 Liters)
Blue sealer (for clutch shoes)
Mugen Diff silcone (open and reseal Diffs)

when you get the ross system setup, do us a little rightup. I would like to see the setup work on a traxxas model.

Back