Can I restore this car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfranko

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Today I found a Nitro RC Car while I was looking around the house, I have no idea how long it has been sitting unmaintained. It looks pretty bad in terms of condition, and I don’t really know much about RC Cars. I’ll leave some images of the car here and would love to hear if it’s worth spending any effort on it and if the car is any good in terms of engine and other stuff. If it is revivable, how can I learn about general RC Car maintenance in order to get this up and running? Thanks.

BDE50F09-E711-43C1-8820-7D0A7C88E13C.jpeg
3BC727C8-AAB6-45C2-9FE0-D7AAED082E12.jpeg
5D025696-DA6F-4FD5-B191-AF1EBC74CFD4.jpeg
1990A4EC-C142-4936-B1F9-2A3156E2CDD1.jpeg

Edit: I found the model it’s a Hot Bodies lightning stadium 10

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to RCtalk!

That is a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 10 , Not to be confused with it's larger brother, the Lightning Stadium Pro 1/8th Scale.

Unfortunately, that model is long discontinued, and quite rare, parts for it are going to be limited to what you can find online.

I would suggest selling it, or trading towards a newer better supported model.

If your interested, i will make you a very fair offer for it, As i collect the larger 8th scale versions, and would be neat to have your smaller version as well

Your looking at investing easily upwards of $100 just to complete it and a basic radio set, af minimum. That's if rhe engine is in operable condition.

Last edited:

That is a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 10 , Not to be confused with it's larger brother, the Lightning Stadium Pro 1/8th Scale.
Yeah I also just found out it’s a Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 10 by research, I think it’s missing a lot of parts that I probably won’t be able to find though. I noticed the engine is seized as well.

Welcome to the site! Nice buggy you got. What engine is it?

Unfortunately, that model is long discontinued, and quite rare, parts for it are going to be limited to what you can find online.

I would suggest selling it, or trading towards a newer better supported model.

If your interested, i will make you a very fair offer for it, As i collect the larger 8th scale versions, and would be neat to have your smaller version as well

Your looking at investing easily upwards of $100 just to complete it and a basic radio set, af minimum. That's if rhe engine is in operable condition.
I live in Turkey, I assume shipping would be quite costly but I could sell it.

I live in Turkey, I assume shipping would be quite costly but I could sell it.
Oh i see, shipping costs would be near as much as my offer for the truck alone i imagine

you could always convert to brushless electric...

I already also have a electric Losi mini8 that works perfectly but electric is pretty boring, I want nitro for its sound.
Is it possible for you or someone else to list the missing parts I have?

I already also have a electric Losi mini8 that works perfectly but electric is pretty boring, I want nitro for its sound.

Is it possible for you or someone else to list the missing parts I have?
I can but it will be later as I am on my way out the door to work.

Also, the engine is seized. What can I try to unseize it? I think if I can’t unseize it and if the engine is dead this car won’t be worth spending my time but I'm not sure
We can walk you through how to free up the engine as long as it is not a mechanical seize.

https://usermanual.wiki/Manual/hotbodieslightningstadium10manual.1304554407/view
@cfranko
Also, the engine is seized. What can I try to unseize it? I think if I can’t unseize it and if the engine is dead this car won’t be worth spending my time but I'm not sure
Check your inbox

Last edited:
Yes!
I have only one partial nitro in the junkyard and it's a pretty old CEN racing something or other. It's still a parts goldmine to me but I doubt I'll chop it up. Spur gear is wasted and all the driveshafts are missing, otherwise all there.
It looks like a better cantidate for brushless tho.

Yes!
I have only one partial nitro in the junkyard and it's a pretty old CEN racing something or other. It's still a parts goldmine to me but I doubt I'll chop it up. Spur gear is wasted and all the driveshafts are missing, otherwise all there.
It looks like a better cantidate for brushless tho.
Show me, i collected and restored many Cen models.

Show me, i collected and restored many Cen models.
It looks like it's tougher than a bag of hammers. I have the monster truck body for it somewhere but it's cut up and trashed lol.
I should trade it off for something I'll use??

20220606_065251.jpg
20220606_065300.jpg
20220606_065313.jpg

Last edited: