cage with mutant head?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXXSLINGER

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have an rc solutions cage on order for my MAXX...and i am concerned that it may not clear the mutant head i have on the stock trx 2.5...

does anyone know if it should work out ok?

is the mutant head taller then the stock head if it is not then u will be fine

the mutant head is quite a bit taller than the stock head, as it is also larger around....

umm...heres a pic to show its size...

if necessary...could i take a dremel to the head (bad idea) or to the cage itself (worse idea)

i AM NOT about to cut anything..dont worry.. ;) :p

well...after seeing pics like this...id be surprised if it doesn't fit...

http://www.cecoatings.com/images/RCStuff/AlumMaxx/DSC01294.JPG

It should fit.. If you want to measure how much taller your head is I will measure how much room is left with the RCS cage.

Man I need to finish cleaning that thing up and post some better pics

ok...lemme see real quick...

its about a good 3/4 maybe almost an inch,....its hard to tell without a direct comparison...i can remove the RPM head protector though....the roll cage should take care of that part i would assume... :)

Uploading a few pic's for ya now... It looks like It might be a close fit.

Hope these help

DSC01355.gif

DSC01356.gif

DSC01357.gif

oh yeah...!! it should fit nicely in there...with about a couple mm to spare... :)

i think the heads about 3/4 inches taller than stock without a head protector...

my mutant head is 13/16 taller then my stock head...you will have plenty room

thanks man!!

btw...wtf is that thing in the front of your name...

its a "s" i used the character map in windows xp the path is...start>all programs>accessories>system tools>character map...you make your name how you want it then copy and paste

i got my cizzage yo

thas whatsup!~

Yeah, did it fit?

Back