Bye Bye Easy-Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Any one ever have this problem?
You rebuild an engine, and get it all set up on the truck... Drop the easy start handle in, and then nothing??? The electric motor twitches, and then nothing??? I've tried several different batteries, backspinning the engine, tried with no glow plug... checked the connections, they were good... the motor worked before the rebuild, so i just don't understand. So, good bye easy start.. Hello pull starts! so much easier, better, etc etc etc! And cheaper!!!!!!!!!!

why using EZ start on first place?
you should get an pull start,it's cheap and easy and heck easy to fix.
Ez start are heck heavy and huge,they take lot's of space and are annoying but also expensive.

I have a ez start on my 2.5, is a pull start better to change even if your a newb and can't quite get the tunning right

YES!!! you can "feel" when the mill gets flooded. Its soo much easier.. so much lighter!

got the pull starter all hooked up!

I'll take the opposition on this subject,,,, I started with a pull start on a no-name buggy. I hated the pull start, but i assumed it was the only way. I got blisters on my fingers and it hurt to pull the thing. Then i got my t-maxx and used the ez-start for the first time. I loved it!!!! It makes starting much easier, and more enjoyable. I can diagnose problems while turning the engine over. For me i think it saved my interest in the hobby.

I'll take the opposition on this subject,,,, I started with a pull start on a no-name buggy. I hated the pull start, but i assumed it was the only way. I got blisters on my fingers and it hurt to pull the thing. Then i got my t-maxx and used the ez-start for the first time. I loved it!!!! It makes starting much easier, and more enjoyable. I can diagnose problems while turning the engine over. For me i think it saved my interest in the hobby.

EZ start is okay for new user but if it brakes there are many people that don't know how to fix it,it also add lot of weight and takes lots of space on your truck.
Pull Starts could be hard to pull but only when your engine is flooded,it's way cheaper and damn easy to fix,usually it cost about £3 to fix it,if you know how to use pull start it will be easy for you and pull start add no weight to your truck and give you more space to operate.

I like roto start. Not because I am inexperienced, but because I am lazy and it is easy....Hobbies are supposed to be fun.

I agree!!! I like the convenience of hitting a button and it fires right up.

the problem you had was most likely the one way bearing, i loved the ez start on my old truck..

I suppose this is just a matter of preference. I really like the easy start but I prefer to have a pullstart on my rig. I mean if your engine has seen better day and may be loosing compression the easy start is nice. Your certainly not going to wear your arm out pull starting it. On the other hand the batteries in your arm tend to last a lot longer:D

I have used both, and I ultimately chose the pull-start, because batteries wearing out on the EZ start system got annoying, fast. Now all I have to do is remember to plug in the igniter at night, which makes things a lot easier on me, who forgets crap like that all the time LOL!

Besides, as has been mentioned, the pull-start is a LOT lighter and takes up MUCH less space, which I absolutely love. :)

With a different OWB the Savage 25 Rotostart back plate works like a Champ! Bolts right up.

yeah roto start is okay but what;s the point?
you got to take that drill with you every where,you got to charge it and you need an glow starter as well,that's two things to take with you plus two more things to charge plus it's way more expensive,you got to buy roto start with a drill that cost about £50 or $80 plus you got to buy an 7.2V battery pack and a charger !! it's pointless!! when PullStart cost £15 or $20 and that's all what you need plus you save weight,space,money and your time!!

Last edited: