buying a lst2 need help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monski

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm buying a used lst 2 for 225 it looks good doesn't seem beat up its adult owned but the only thing is that the guy who I'm getting it from says it idles a litle high is that fixable and is it a good deal thanks

doesn't have to be beat to death to be killed....do you know this guys....how many tanks does he say he has through it....what kind of break in did he do...can you run or see the thing run before you buy it...i would rather buy a used electric than a nitro...buying used is always a risk....do you have any experience with nitro rc's...

its on craigslist I'm goin to see it tonight he said he ran 2 gal on it on the pictures he sent me it looks good il run it tonight just woried about the high idle and for 225 with tool box charger for batt tools half a gal of nitro is that good deal for a used one and i know a litle of nitro

$225 is a fair deal it may be radio trim or the idle screw needs to be backed out. Before running the truck remove header spring and look inside piston sleeve with a flashlight and look for deep scratches on liner/piston,You could also remove cooling head. Then check compression by hand turning flywheel. Check the diffs and look for loose/missing bolts and any damage. There are youtube vids on how to do above.

Last edited:
I am assuming it has the stock 427 engine on it. I had nothing but problems trying to tune and get that thing to idle right. Could have been a simple air leak, but I swapped mine out for a 454.

so i bought it it has good compresion everything seems fine and yes it has a 427 on it I'm goin to take it apart and i hope is a air leak il keep you guys posted thanks for your help

Congrats on the purchase, it's a solid platform and sounds like you got a decent deal. Throw some pictures up so we can see it. After you get it going and start looking for upgrades I recommend the following, a New Era roll bar will not only protect you engine but it will also stiffen the chassis. RC Raven has their dual rate springs which after doing some research seem to be pretty popular amongst LST owners and I have no complaints about mine but I also didn't run my stock springs for too long, they do have the truck sit up a little higher so you don't need as much preload as you do with stock springs. The last one that I've done is Bad Horsie's shock covers, they do dress a rig up pretty well and you can get them in many different colors to match you truck's color theme. The shock covers will also help keep dirt off your shock shafts which will help protect the o-rings in the shocks as well as prolong the time between changing the shock oil. RPM also has a-arms for the LST based rigs that not only give you the proven durability of RPM parts but also camber adjustment, these will be my next big upgrade for my truck, if you go the RPM route I've read that the included turnbuckles are prone to snapping and a set of Lunsford turnbuckles will solve this. Again I'm a pretty new LST owner so I don't know everything about these trucks so hopefully a more experienced LST owner will chime in

Back