Buy American, Pro-Line post

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have the boxes from my tekin motors, and they say the same thing:chinese:

So.... maybe Tekin, Made In America* is a better description? :ponder2:
I'm new to the electric scene and I'm assuming 99.9% of rc electric motors
come from China, Taiwan, Japan, etc?
I like the fact that Tekin is employing Americans to assemble their motors.
I'd buy their product simply for that factor. They're probably the closest we'll get to "American Made" electric motors.

Ask anyone that knows me, and they'll tell you I love my pro4, and I mean love it, it's a beast of a motor.

But that doesn't somehow magically make the box not say made in China on it though, just clearing up the facts is all.

I still have the boxes from my tekin motors, and they say the same thing:chinese:

My LHS swears by Tekin and I tried to get them to send me a picture of one of Tekin's product boxes, but he is currently sold out of their ESC and motors. So I can't verify myself what is on the boxes, but I have contacted Jim (aka: Tekin Prez, President of Tekin) and asked for a reply to the above claims.

I'll keep you posted!

In regards to Tekin, I was able to dig around the interwebs and found this quote from @Tekin Prez on another site:

Our esc’s are not made in china. Designed and built in the USA although we can not say made in USA legally because most components are from overseas, like all electronics. Boards are loaded here in the US, housings are molded right here in Idaho, even the stickers, manuals and packaging are all printed in the NW.

Nonetheless I still invited Jim to make a response to the thread if he see's fit or the above quote is no longer accurate. I've also added an asterisk to the list above.

I really do hope that Jim comes back and posts up here, I truly do. And I for one, would gladly pay even more for what is an already expensive motor if they were actually built in the US. I understand that we don't build many of the components here in the US, and it's cost prohibitive for Tekin to do so themselves; but even having a line assembling them here creates jobs for Americans, and IMHO raises the quality of the overall product. But don't raise it too much, I'm not sure my drivetrain can stand much more. :D

Yes the boxes say the motors are made in China…. because they are according to the rules for percentage of materials and labor involved. We have never tried to hide that fact. It is still our engineering and design work from US employees compared to a simple OEM purchase from motor factory of existing products. They simply cannot be built in the US at these price points due to the labor involved. Believe me would make them here if we could and go to great lengths and expense to do everything else we can in the US.

The box also says the esc’s are Made in America 'using foreign and domestic components'…. because we do a lot more than just assemble them here to legally claim that. We design the electronics and completely build them in the US using some electrical parts that come from outside the US.

So our engineering, marketing materials, packaging, shipping, accounting, assembly, testing, customer support…etc are all done in the USA and account for 95% of what we do that takes employees.

So you can say our products are made in the USA, unfortunately with an * for the motors ;)

Last edited:
Proline shared a good video yesterday showing the effects of sending jobs overseas and encouraging people to buy American goods. Something I can certainly agree that ALL of us could, should, need to do.
I know this is a really old thread, but, they were around before this thread was first made, and noone mentioned them, so i will. Imex RC has always been American. They started out in Central Islip, N.Y., and now they are based in Brooksville FL. They import certain toys, but, the IMX and VRX Racing line are theirs, and, as far as i know, are still built in house. https://www.imex-model.com/home.jhtm